During the reign of Emperor Tongzhi and Guangxu of the Qing dynasty, overseas Chinese of the ethnic clans from our four hometowns namely – Taisan, Xinhui, Kaiping and Enping united to provide liaison services among themselves. A formal set up was initially established in 1909 and reconstitutionized to become the current Association in 1951.
Funded by donations from members and revenue of property investment, our missions include liaising with overseas Chinese, serving the community, supporting the charities of our hometowns as well as promoting education to nurture youngsters.
We have started sponsoring and managing a primary school, two secondary schools and a Special-Education-Need school since 1963.
Our organization consists of an Executive Committee and a Supervisory Committee with standing Committee Members handling the aspects of General Affairs, Financial, Education, Public Relations, Social Welfare, Communication and Recreation.